The MONPS Awards Committee seeks nominations of people who have supported the preservation of Missouri’s flora. MONPS offers five awards:
- Erna Eisendrath Memorial Education Award, recognizing individuals who, through teaching, writing, or other activity have conveyed to others a significant appreciation and knowledge of Missouri’s native flora.
- Arthur Christ Research Award, recognizing an individual’s significant contribution in furthering the knowledge of Missouri flora.
- Plant Stewardship Award, recognizing an individual or organization for the preservation of important elements of Missouri’s flora through purchase, registry, and/or management practice.
- The John E. Wylie Award, recognizing individuals who have provided exceptional service to the Society.
- Plant Conservation Award, recognizing an individual or organization for outstanding contributions to the conservation or preservation of native plants or plant communities in Missouri. This award differs from the Plant Stewardship Award in that it is not tied to direct acquisition or management of tracts of land, but instead may recognize various types of outstanding achievements or efforts, such as conservation planning, advocacy, or new ways of looking at old problems.
- Julian A. Steyermark Award, the Society’s highest award, given to an individual who has made outstanding contributions to any and all aspects of Missouri botany.
The deadline for nominations is June 1. Nominations should contain the full name of the nominee and the name of the person making the nomination, and they should set forth the contributions of the individual or organization that merits recognition. Award recipients need not be members of MONPS.
Please submit nominations to Awards Committee Chairwoman, Malissa Briggler.
Missouri Department of Conservation
2901 W. Truman Blvd.
Jefferson City, MO 65109