The Hawthorn Chapter of the Missouri Native Plant Society (MONPS) is made up of individuals from Columbia and the surrounding region with various levels of expertise and interest in native plants who appreciate and want to conserve our natural Missouri heritage. Together, we enjoy wildflowers in their native habitats, share knowledge about identifying and growing native plants, and sell books and native plants to finance student scholarships, plantings, and educational material.
Regular meetings are held every second Monday of odd-numbered months at 6pm (winter) and 7pm (summer) at the Unitarian Church, 2615 Shepard Blvd, Columbia MO. All are welcome. Lunch with native plant enthusiasts is held every third Thursday of the month at 11:30 am at the Uprise Bakery, 10 Hitt Street, near Broadway, Columbia MO. All are welcome.
5798 Windy Meadows Lane
Fulton MO 65251
- Clifty Creek Conservation Area, Maries County
- Drover’s Prairie Conservation Area, Pettis County
- Friendly Prairie Conservation Area, Pettis County
- Grandfather Prairie Conservation Area, Pettis County
- Hi Lonesome Prairie Conservation Area, Benton County
- Hite Prairie Conservation Area, Morgan County
- Mark Twain National Forest, Cedar Creek District, Boone and Callaway Counties
- Morton Prairie, Benton County
- Paintbrush Prairie Conservation Area, Pettis County
- Painted Rock Conservation Area, Osage County
- Rudolph Bennitt Conservation Area, Howard County
- Spring Creek Gap Conservation Area, Maries County