The Hawthorn Chapter of the Missouri Native Plant Society (MONPS) is made up of individuals from Columbia and the surrounding region with various levels of expertise and interest in native plants who appreciate and want to conserve our natural Missouri heritage. Together, we enjoy wildflowers in their native habitats, share knowledge about identifying and growing native plants, and sell books and native plants to finance student scholarships, plantings, and educational material.
Regular meetings are held on the second Monday of the month at 6:30 pm at the Unitarian Church, 2615 Shepard Blvd, Columbia MO with rare exceptions. Check the Hawthorn website or contact an officer to confirm. All are welcome. Lunch with native plant enthusiasts is held every third Thursday of the month at 11:30 am at the Uprise Bakery, 10 Hitt Street, near Broadway, Columbia MO. All are welcome.
CANCELLED :: 04-16: Chapter Lunches at 11:30 a.m.
Chapter lunches are held on the third Thursday of each month. We meet just south of Broadway Street in downtown Columbia at Uprise Bakery inside the lobby of the RagTag Theatre, 10 Hitt St, Columbia Missouri
There will be no chapter meeting in April 2020. With the number of activities in April, this meeting has been canceled.
Chapter meetings are held at the Unitarian Church, 2615 Shepard Boulevard, Columbia, Missouri. Newcomers and friends are welcome to attend.
04-11: Native plant sale at MU Bradford Farm 10 am-2 pm.
04-26: Native plant sale at Earth Day Festival, Peace Park, 10 am-7 pm.
1305 Overhill Road
Columbia, MO 65203
- Clifty Creek Conservation Area, Maries County
- Drover’s Prairie Conservation Area, Pettis County
- Friendly Prairie Conservation Area, Pettis County
- Grandfather Prairie Conservation Area, Pettis County
- Hi Lonesome Prairie Conservation Area, Benton County
- Hite Prairie Conservation Area, Morgan County
- Mark Twain National Forest, Cedar Creek District, Boone and Callaway Counties
- Morton Prairie, Benton County
- Paintbrush Prairie Conservation Area, Pettis County
- Painted Rock Conservation Area, Osage County
- Rudolph Bennitt Conservation Area, Howard County
- Spring Creek Gap Conservation Area, Maries County