The Kansas City Chapter of the Missouri Native Plant Society welcomes members and non-members alike to participate in our Chapter activities. These activities include Chapter meetings, an annual fundraising event, and various field trips scheduled throughout the year. Though our botany skills range from beginner to professional, we are just a rag-tag group of people slowly walking through the woods or prairie. Our interests involve the culture of Missouri botany and the exploration of natural areas in order to educate others on our wonderful native flora.
Currently, our Chapter meetings occur on the first Tuesday of each of the months of January, March, May, September, and November. We meet at the Anita B. Gorman Discovery Center located at 4750 Troost Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri 64110 and our meetings typically start at 7:00 PM. Our January meeting is when we draft our field trip schedule for the year, whereas the remaining four meetings usually consist of a guest speaker or an activity. For information on upcoming events or membership please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thanks!
- Blue River Glades Natural Area, Jackson County, MO
- Burr Oak Woods Conservation Area, Jackson County, MO
- Crooked River Conservation Area, Ray County, MO
- Hidden Valley Natural Area, Clay County, MO
- Isley Park Woods Natural Area, Clay County, MO
- James A. Reed Memorial Wildlife Area, Jackson County, MO
- Jerry Smith Park, Jackson County, MO
- Maple Woods Natural Area, Clay County, MO
- Ogg Road Prairie, Johnson County, KS
- Trice Dedman Memorial Woods, Clinton County, MO